If you have lost your mobile phone, then follow below steps to find it:
You can find your mobile device by Android Device Manager to find its approximate location on a map and when it was last used.
- First you need to Login Android Device Manager Account
- Then Click "Locate"
- ADM will show you the approximate location of the device selected.
- You can also use ADM App to find your lost mobile in another mobile device.
- Once you locate your device, you can -
Add a phone number & message on your Lost Mobile Screen.
- Block your phone, if you know the IMEI number of the mobile.
How can I find out my IMEI number?
- IMEI numbers are independent of the phone number and are usually written underneath the battery or on the back of the handset.
- Mobile phone users can also check their 15 digit IMEI number by dialling *#06# on their mobile handset.
- Mobile phone owners should make a note of their IMEI number and keep the details in a safe place.
- Go to the police station in your area and file a First Information Report (FIR) that your mobile phone is lost/stolen.
- Contact the mobile service provider of your phone with above mentioned details (First Information Report (FIR) + IMEI number of the mobile).
- They will block the mobile phone & help you track the mobile phone location. After find it you can request your service provider to un-block your divice.
- Mobile service provider can block any mobile by IMEI number. Once blacklisted, a mobile phone is useless even if the SIM card of the phone is changed because all service providers use the same blacklist database.
- Mobile operator can also track the exact location of the mobile phone using its IMEI number using the Global Positioning System, thus helping you find the lost or stolen mobile phone.